[CES 2013] Bluetooth speakers are dime a dozen, and it is almost customary for a particular gizmo to come with Bluetooth connectivity these days, otherwise it would be considered as a crime by certain quarters. Well, the portable speaker department too, has not been able to shake off this particular expectation, which is why we are faced with the NUU Splash Bluetooth speaker, and as the name suggests, it has a penchant for water, which makes perfect sense since it sports waterproof capability.
If you tend to spend plenty of time by the poolside or at the beach and absolutely love your tunes, then the NUU Splash would be the ideal portable speaker for you, although it would come highly recommended that you waterproof your streaming device as well through a case, or in the case of a notebook, you will just need to be extra careful. They don’t make waterproof notebooks yet the last time I checked.
All in all, the NUU Splash is made out of aircraft-grade aluminum, and is IP55 certified against dust and low pressure water jets, sporting a rated battery life of 10 hours play or 240 hours stand by, where you can choose from green, blue, gray, red and black colors at $99 apiece.
- 2014-04-02: Nokia MD-12 Bluetooth Mini Speaker Revealed
- 2014-04-01: Logitech X100 Mobile Speaker Revealed
- 2014-02-26: Panasonic Bamboo Plant Opal Loudspeaker
- 2014-02-20: Sceptre SoundPal Bluetooth Speaker
- 2014-01-05: Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Backup Plus Fast
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo Beacon Home Network Storage
- 2013-10-24: JBL Pulse LED Speaker Targets Music Lovers
- 2013-01-08: Bang & Olufsen built-in sound system - BeoLab 15, BeoLab 16
- 2013-01-08: Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 12 Digital Speakers Collection
- 2013-01-07: Monster ClarityHD Katana Wireless Speaker