[CES 2013] Just how many tricks do you think Samsung has up their sleeves this CES? In fact, the South Korean conglomerate has just pulled another rabbit out of their mythical hat in the form of the Samsung Youm flexible OLED display to prove to the world that they really are on the verge of a revolution in the world of portable devices. The iPhone would definitely have nothing on a flexible display smartphone down the road if all else goes well for Samsung.
In fact, Samsung even paraded a handheld prototype which was flexible in more than one way, and a concept video that was shown to journalists who were present pointed to the smartphone folding out to turn into a tablet. The Youm prototype also had a display which could be stretched beyond the front of the device, which means you can check out notifications and other widget content even when the device has been laid out in a flat manner. Image courtesy of Engadget.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2013-01-10: Flexible Windows Phone Prototype Spotted
- 2013-01-09: Samsung Announces 8-Core Exynos 5 Octa Mobile CPU
- 2013-01-07: Samsung ATIV Odyssey Releasing On Verizon Wireless In Coming Weeks
- 2013-01-07: Samsung F8000 LED TV Features Quad-Core Processor, Super-Thin Bezel
- 2013-01-07: Samsung HD DVR Surveillance System gives you high definition security footage