Ever since Microsoft purchased Skype last year for a sizable chunk of money, it was hoped that Skype for the Windows Phone platform would be a more integrated and fluid experience, and I am glad to say that it has been quite a decent ride so far. Microsoft intends to make life a whole lot better for everyone with the latest update to Skype for Windows Phone 8, where version 22.214.171.124 is now live in the Store for you to download. This particular update will ensure that the 126.96.36.1993 release from weeks ago will have a more fluid performance, and Microsoft will most probably focus on the performance and reliability aspects of the popular VoIP app instead of throwing in more features. All in all, it should be back end stuff that we are talking about here, being transparent to users and yet delivering a better overall experience.
Version 2.1 does not come with a specific changelog at the moment, so any kind of changes made or experienced would just have to be shared verbally or in written form. The app remains designated as a “Preview”, so that means there are still a bunch of issues and tweaks to be made before the entire app is finalized.
- 2014-04-14 Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10 Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08 Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02 Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2014-04-01 Skype Could Feature New Chat UI For Windows Desktop
- 2013-12-10 Microsoft Updates Skype For Windows Phone 8
- 2013-02-21 Skype For Windows 8 Updated
- 2013-01-03 Skype For Windows Phone 8 2.1 Changes Detailed
- 2012-11-12 Skype Preview for Windows Phone 8 now available
- 2012-10-29 Skype for Windows Phone 8 preview