For a number of years, Zynga has been sitting atop the Facebook-gaming mountain as their games have always been popular ever since FarmVille. The last couple of months haven’t been too kind for the king of Facebook gaming as it’s been sued for copyright infringement by EA and has shut down a number of its titles just to save a buck. It looks like their popularity is slowly dwindling as today, we hear there’s a new king sitting atop the Facebook-gaming mountain.
King.com has officially taken the #1 spot from Zynga in the world of Facebook games as three of its titles have made it into Facebook’s top 10 list for this month. The game that has pushed FarmVille 2 out of its #1 spot is Candy Crush Saga, which is a match-3 game similar to Bejeweled. Candy Crush Saga has over 9.7 million daily players, while Zynga’s FarmVille 2 has 8.8 million.
What helps Candy Crush Saga’s popularity is the fact the game synchronizes across all devices its played on, which currently is Facebook, Android and iOS devices. Zynga released a FarmVille title last year on iOS, but had issues when it came to synching with your Facebook game. Currently there’s no FarmVille 2 game available on mobile.
Next Story: Polaroid iM1836 Runs On Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- North Korea May Launch A Cyber Attack Using Online Games
- YouTube Easter Egg Allows You To Play Missile Command
- Facebook: The Board Game Concept Wants To Get You Off The Internet
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20