It seems Vodafone’s recent advice to its users to not update their iPhones to iOS 6.1 caught the attention of Apple as it’s being reported the company is expediting a fix to correct the issues iOS users have been having with the latest version of the OS.
iOS 6.1.1 is expected to fix the battery issues iOS users have been experiencing as well as the poor 3G performance Vodafone mentioned in their statement. A report from iFun claims the update has completed testing among carriers, with Apple expected to released the 23MB update as an OTA update soon.
“After ifun.de this information is already in version 6.1.1 of the night on Monday as “Testing Complete” and should be offered the iPhone community with little flow as a wireless update. Sources which are applicable in the past on the issue dates of iOS 6.0.2 and iOS 6.1 as well as the eradication of the “SMS spoofing problem” have informed, indicate the large 23MB update with UMTS-compatible.”
Exactly when Apple will release its iOS 6.1.1 update is beyond us at this moment, but seeing how public the issues with the latest OS have become in the past few days, we’re sure the company is looking to expedite its release.
[Update: Well, that was quick. Apple has just pushed out iOS 6.1.1 to iPhone 4S users. Let us know if this fixes things for you in the comments below.]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2013-03-19: iOS 6.1.3 Released To Fix Passcode Security Vulnerability
- 2013-02-14: Apple Plans To Fix iOS 6.1 Passcode Lock Bypass Exploit
- 2013-02-11: Vodafone Advises iPhone Users To Not Update To iOS 6.1
- 2013-01-31: iOS 6.1 Downloaded By Over 21 Percent Of iOS Users In 3 Days
- 2013-01-28: iOS 6.1 Released With Additional 4G LTE Support And More