The Motorola X phone seems to be making news splashes, with rumors that the smartphone developed completely by Google (which owns Motorola), will be a “game changer”. While rumors about the smartphone have been around since January 2013, Chief Technology Officer of Australian wireless provider Telstra suggests the smartphone is a “breakthrough” that can “put pressure on Samsung and Apple”. According to another source, the smartphone will have very powerful software not yet put in any other smartphone “Google has been working on this device for a long time. It has software features and capabilities that are not available on a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or Apple iPhone. The software is really powerful and it pulls together Google services like no other manufacturer has done in the past” claimed the source from within Motorola. The smartphone is rumored to be displayed at the Google Developer Conference in May 2013. It is also expected to be launched for sale in July 2013.
If the rumors are true and the X Phone has all the expected technology, then Motorola should get a better share in the market then its present 3 percent. However these rumors could just be marketing gimmicks.
Next Story: Sony XPERIA ZL European Launch In April
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2013-04-25: Google X Phone With Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Spotted (Rumor)
- 2013-04-14: Motorola X Release Reportedly Pushed Back Till August
- 2013-03-26: Motorola X Phone Rumored For June/July Release
- 2013-03-15: Motorola X Phone Is Not A Single Device, Could Feature Customizable Hardware As Well [Rumor]
- 2013-01-31: Motorola 'X Phone' Referenced In LinkedIn Job Listing