It has long been rumored that Apple might be working on a streaming service for iTunes along the lines of Pandora, but Apple being Apple has kept mum over it. Then again it could just be a groundless rumor for all we know, but the folks at 9to5 Mac have spotted several new “Radio Buy” buttons which was revealed in jailbroken iPads, and interestingly not on iPhones. Considering that the iPad Music app does not have the Radio functionality, it is being speculated that this could be indeed the long rumored streaming service that Apple might be introducing to compete with the likes of Pandora and Spotify.
Back in 2012 it was even “confirmed” by Bloomberg that such a service does exist, and that Apple’s negotiations with the record labels were going well and that such a service could be launched sometime later this year. Assuming these rumors are true, it is unclear as to when exactly this service will launch, but with Apple typically holding a WWDC event in the middle of the year, it might be announced then. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled, but what do you guys think? Will you be interested in an iTunes streaming service, or would you rather stick with Pandora or Spotify?
Next Story: Dell Buyout Rumored To Be Announced Later Today
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13 Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-03-26 Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2013-07-22 Eight Year Old Girl Racks Up Over $6,000 For In-App Purchases, Apple Refunds Money
- 2013-04-18 Chinese App Store Clone 'KuaiYong' Installs Pirated iOS Apps Without Jailbreaking
- 2013-03-29 iOS 7 Jailbreak May Already Be In The Works
- 2013-03-05 Best Buy Accidentally Promotes Jailbreaking In Deal Of The Day Promo