As you might have heard, Blizzard announced that they would be bringing Diablo 3 onto the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. It has long been rumored that Blizzard would do such a thing and while the idea of play Diablo 3 on a console might seem like a novel idea, it seems that it might not have been very well received amongst the Diablo community. There was originally a thread about the topic on the Diablo 3 forums but it has since been deleted, but the argument was that Diablo 3 may have originally been designed for the console since the start.
We guess some gamers might have taken issue that designing it for the console at the start might have compromised the game in some way, but then again this is pure speculation, but check out the arguments in the list below after the break and let us know if you think they are valid!
Diablo 3 was setup to be a console game.
The reason only 4 players are allowed into a game is for 4 controllers.
The reason the quests make you walk in a linear closed circuit as opposed to big open worlds, is to keep your buds next to you on the same screen.
The reason for no skill points or complicated number crunching? To make console players happy.
The reason you have 4-5 skills on your bar at once? Very easy to use an Xbox/Ps3 controller to use skills.
The reason no runes / complicated item mechanics exists. Simply wouldn’t be fun for console gamers.
The reason you can’t host a named game? Auto join for console users.
The reason for achievements in game? It’s popular among console / COD fans.
The reason for passive skills? Perks like Call of Duty uses. Everyone unlocks perks and uses their favorite ones.
PC gamers are just beta testing for the console release so it wont be full of bugs. That’s how ActiBlizz intends to make the real money.
Also explains why the game doesn’t have VoIP for Pc gamer chat.
Diablo 3 is the modern Call of Duty of ARPG’s.
Next Story: Nikon D7100 Announced
- 2014-04-09 Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-04-03 Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25 Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25 Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24 Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works
- 2013-07-26 Sony Compares PS4 With Launch PS3 To Show How Slim It Really Is [Video]
- 2013-05-01 Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-03-27 Watch 17 Minutes Of Battlefield 4 Gameplay Footage
- 2013-02-26 Diablo 3 For PS3/PS4 Will Not Feature Cross-Platform Multiplayer
- 2013-02-20 Diablo 3 Will Be Arriving On the PS3/PS4