Did you just start getting used to Facebook’s Timeline to a point where you’re actually starting to like it? That’s too bad because Facebook is announcing they’re going to be making some changes to it, which we’re sure you’re going to hate anyways.
Instead of your Timeline’s current double-layer layout, the test Timeline pages will adopt a single-column layout that will show off all of your posts and updates. The left side of your page, which was used for the double-layer Timeline layout, will contain all of the information located in your “About” section
In addition to changes to the layout of Timeline pages, status updates will also receive a minor improvement as links to stories would feature a “Like Page” button towards the bottom right of their window. This could make it easier for people stumbling onto content their friends post to like the page of that content provider so they could receive updates as well. We’re sure this could also work for pages for commercial products, restaurants and anything else that could benefit from a few likes here and there.
The new Timeline profiles are currently being tested in New Zealand with no word as to when or if Facebook would roll out these changes to pages in additional regions.RELATED
- Flickr Goes Down As Yahoo Struggles To Get Mail Up And Running
- Gmail To Display Email Images By Default
- Hilarious Video Pokes Fun At Google's Attempt To Force Google+ Onto Everyone
- Man Slapped With $183,000 Fine For Participating In A DDoS Attack For 1 Minute
- Microsoft Entices Gmail Users To Join Outlook.com Through New Tool
- Follow: Facebook, social networks, timeline,
- Seen at: thenextweb