According to the rumor mill, the next-generation iPhone, the purported iPhone 5S, could be seeing a launch in Q3 2013. However according to a new rumor, the iPhone 5S could be launched a little bit earlier instead. This rumor comes from Japanese website, MacFan.jp who claims that the phone could be officially announced at a special event which will be held on a Thursday on the 20th of June. This is probably the most specific announcement date we’ve heard yet, especially since previous rumors could only provide a rough timeframe. The rumor goes on to state that the phone will go up for sale in early July, which is typical of Apple who usually releases their products within a couple of weeks of their announcement.
So what about the Q3 date then? Is that a complete bust? Well maybe not so. As you might have heard, Apple is working on a low-budget iPhone as well and according to MacFan, August (which is in Q3) is when Apple could be taking the wraps off their low-budget iPhone which has been designed for emerging and pre-paid markets. We suggest you take this with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys make of this?
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-22 iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03 Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test