China, the once sleeping dragon that has long woken up and is now breathing down the US’ neck in terms of being the world’s largest economic superpower, also happens to be the world’s most populous country. Let’s just put it this way – if you were to capture just 1% of the Chinese market just about any business, you would most probably end up being a very wealthy person. Having said that, Nokia has high hopes for China, and they have just announced that two million Nokia Lumia activations have already occurred in that part of the world.
Interestingly enough, in order to reach the 2 million sales mark in China, Nokia did not take too long to do so, arriving at that figure after first launching the Lumia range on December 5th all the way through to March 5th. This is in spite of severe Lumia 920 supply shortages that happened at the end of 2012. Who knows how much higher the figure could have been in the end?
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 820 Shell Printed In Pikachu 3D
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-08: China's Ministry Of Commerce Gives Microsoft-Nokia Deal The Greenlight
- 2014-03-14: Nokia X Sees 1 Million Pre-Orders In China
- 2013-12-23: Microsoft-Nokia Deal Still Facing Review In China Over Local Vendors' Concerns
- 2013-03-19: Samsung Smartphones Overtake Nokia In China
- 2011-08-04: Nokia suing Huaqin Telecom Technology over camera lens cover patent