Back in December last year there were rumors floating around that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will come with an “unbreakable display”. Well the S4 was announced a fortnight ago and it has been confirmed that Samsung’s latest flagship Android smartphone does *not* have such a display. Nevermind, now there’s a rumor that the upcoming Galaxy Note 3 may have an unbreakable display, and it will be one of the most important feature of the device. It’s quite a bold claim, but while in theory OLED displays can be made to be much more resistant than their LCD counterpart (they can even be flexible), there is still a need for a glass surface for the touch sensor. Solutions exists, and Samsung has demonstrated such a flexible display at CES. Will that become a product?
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is also rumored to have an Exynos 5 Octa core processor coupled with 2GB of RAM, more on board storage, a bigger battery and a back camera of at least 8 megapixels. At this point in time it is not known what the design of Note 3 will actually be, though it is largely believed to be along the same lines of the Note II’s design. In the software department, it is expected to run Android 4.2 Jelly Bean at the very least. Previous rumors suggest that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 may be released at IFA 2013 in Berlin, which takes place in September.
Next Story: New Google+ Apps For iPhone And Android Launched
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2013-09-04: Galaxy Note 3: Hands-On Review
- 2013-09-03: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 APKs Hint At Fingerprint Scanning Feature
- 2013-09-02: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Could Feature 2.5GB Of RAM, Not 3GB
- 2013-09-02: Samsung Galaxy Note 3's Snapdragon 800 Chipset "Confirmed" By South Korean Carrier
- 2013-09-01: Galaxy Note 3 Pictured Once Again