It was not too long ago that Samsung unveiled their very own, in-house developed Exynos 5 Octa platform, but even back then, Samsung left the door open to speculation as to what kind of graphics chipset it used. Well, we do know that the Exynos 5 chipset which was action in the bowels of the Nexus 10 relied on ARM’s Mali T604 GPU processor, so what else bodes for the future? Imagination Technologies just announced earlier today that their PowerVR SGX 544 graphics chipset will be used alongside the Samsung 5410 Octa chipset, which incidentally will be what powers the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 that is set for a full reveal this coming March 14th in New York City.
The Power VR SGX 544 GPU will come in three-core (544MP3) and quad-core (544MP4) configurations, and AnandTech has every reason deep in their core to believe that the first of those will arrive within the belly of the Samsung Galaxy S4. Ah well, we shall leave all the speculation to those who lack salt in their diet, and play the patience card as all will be revealed soon anyways.
Next Story: Android Tablet Sales To Overtake iPad In 2013?
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-24 Samsung To Launch Gear App Challenge On May 8th
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-02 Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24 Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18 Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12 Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow