It was at this year’s CES when we officially got to see Valve’s long-rumored Steam Box, which Valve teamed up with Xi3 in order to make it into an actual retail product. It’s only been two months since the Piston PC debuted at CES, and already its manufacturer Xi3 has started taking pre-orders for the device.
Xi3′s Piston Console, which is what the company is officially calling it, will probably be the most expensive “consoles” we’ve ever heard of as the company is setting its pre-order price at $999.99, although Xi3 is discounting it by $100 if potential customers place their order before 11:59 P.M. CST on March 17, 2013.
The standard Piston Console will feature 8GB of RAM, a 3.2GHz quad-core processor and a 128GB SSD, but buyers can instead opt to have a 255GB SSD for $30 more, or you could go all out and purchase it with a 512GB SSD for an additional $750.
If you decide to place your pre-order this week to take advantage of Xi3′s discount, you should know the Piston Console will ship out in time for the 2013 holiday season.
- 2014-04-16: Wolfenstein: The New Order Pre-Order Bonuses Includes TF2 Items And DOOM Beta Access
- 2014-04-16: 36.9% Of Games Bought On Steam Never Get Played [Study]
- 2014-04-03: Half-Life 2 Reimagined With Unreal Engine Looks Gorgeous
- 2014-03-25: Valve's "Free To Play" Documentary Garners 5.5 Million Views
- 2014-03-19: Valve's DotA 2 "Free To Play" Documentary Is Now Available For Viewing
- 2014-03-17: Developers Reveal That Most Gamers Do Not Finish Their Games
- 2014-03-14: Valve Unveils Latest Steam Controller Design
- 2014-03-02: Steam Family Sharing Now Available For Everyone