The Beats by Dre headphones have long been poked fun of by audiophiles and the internet alike for being overpriced and basically not value for money. However we guess it’s all a matter of personal preference and needs, but it seems like the folks at OrigAudio have decided to poke fun at the brand themselves by creating the Beets headphones. Yup, you read that right, it is spelt Beets, as in the vegetable, and if you thought that these headphones are a joke, think again because they are very real! Thankfully despite sharing a similar sounding name and design, their price is set at a very affordable $25, meaning that apart from the novelty value, do not expect to have the best sound.
Available in a variety of colors, it seems that it offers outside noise reduction and a travel case, but unfortunately no in-line remote but we guess that’s what you get for $25. The folks at OrigAudio, apart from having a good laugh themselves, have made buying these Beets headphones a good thing because for every pair purchased, a donation will be made to a local food bank, so if you don’t want to buy it for its quality, you can at least buy it for its charitable aspect.
Next Story: Nokia RM-877 With HD Display Rumored For AT&T
- 2014-04-04: Sony MDR-HW700DS Is World’s First 9.1ch Digital Surround Wireless Headphones System
- 2014-04-04: Phiaton's Bridge MS 500 Headphones Look Pretty Sleek
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Premium Headphones Lineup Reportedly Coming Soon
- 2014-03-05: Pioneer DJE-2000 And DJE-1500 Headphones Announced
- 2014-02-14: Headphones Get Smarter With The Dash Headphones