Apple is expected to reveal a revamp of Mac Pro. The company’s desktop offering was last updated in June 2012 with new processors and greater RAM. Many essentials such as Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 and Serial ATA were not included. An entirely revamped Mac Pro offering is expected to be revealed later this month. Apparently the source has not divulged whether this Mac Pro revamp will be a tower, mini-tower or something else, but did mention that the announcement cloud “slip” in to May or June, around the time when Apple organizes its Worldwide Developers Conference. The source says that April announcement seems possible as of now.
Apple did say last year that a new Mac Pro model will arrive in 2013. When reached for comment, a company spokesperson said that Apple doesn not comment on rumors. For now the expected announcement of new Mac Pros is just a rumor. An European reseller said earlier this year that they had heard from Apple regarding the Mac Pro revamp being announced in a couple of months. For now, all of this is just a rumor and we can’t be sure of anything unless Apple officially confirms it.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 928 Render Leaked In White [Rumor]
- 2014-04-03: WWDC 2014 Confirmed For June 2 to June 6
- 2014-04-01: 2013 Mac Pro Shipping Estimates Slip Yet Again
- 2014-03-26: OWC Announces 128GB Mac Pro RAM Modules For $2,130
- 2014-03-18: 128GB RAM Kit For The Mac Pro Will Cost Over $2,000
- 2014-03-17: Boot Camp For Mac Pro Will Only Support Windows 8 Or Higher
- 2014-02-27: Some Early Mac Pro Orders Delayed Until March
- 2012-06-11: Alleged Mac Pro and MacBook Pro specs and configurations detailed prior to WWDC
- 2012-06-06: Mac Pro stock reportedly running low ahead of refresh at WWDC
- 2012-06-05: Apple rumored to refresh the majority of its Mac computers at WWDC
- 2011-08-24: HighPoint RocketU Quad USB 3.0 PCI-E card for Mac Pro