Just how many hours a day do you spend on social networks like Facebook and Twitter, and with the slew of apps available over on Facebook, how many more minutes (or hours) are used in playing games on Facebook? Sure, there have been compelling titles in the past, but sometimes, tough decisions need to be made, and Electronic Arts has decided to terminate three titles on Facebook, namely The Sims Social, SimCity Social and Pet Society.
These three titles will go offline when June 14, 2013, arrives. The official announcement reads, “Today we are informing players of the difficult decision to retire some of our Facebook games: The Sims Social, SimCity Social and Pet Society. After millions of people initially logged in to play these games, the number of players and amount of activity has fallen off. For people who have seen other recent shutdowns of social games, perhaps this is not surprising. EA will continue to deliver popular titles for Facebook, most notably games from PopCap, including Bejeweled Blitz, Solitaire Blitz and the recently-announced Plants vs. Zombies Adventures.”
EA is not the first to do so, and it does not seem as though they will be the last, either.
Next Story: Intel Wi-Fi Adapters Run Into Issues
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2013-04-15: EA Shutting Down Sims Facebook Games On June 14
- 2012-04-04: EA picks up Worst Company in America 2012 gong
- 2011-12-08: Star Wars: The Old Republic early access to begin 13th December
- 2011-12-05: EA registers domain names that points to new Command and Conquer game
- 2011-11-30: Dead Space could be made into a first person shooter (Rumor)