Facebook has scheduled a press conference on April 4th. It will be unveiling its new ‘home on Android‘, rumor has it that we’re finally going to see the Facebook phone. The fact remains that Facebook has not co-developed the hardware with any manufacturer. Rather its new home on Facebook is actually a homescreen launcher. It was previously rumored that Facebook Home will debut on a mid-range HTC smartphone codenamed Myst. Now @evleaks has leaked an image of a device he calls HTC First, just to be clear, his leaked images have checked out in the past.
The image was posted on Twitter with no additional details. Just the name and the image. This new HTC smartphone is expected to be announced at Facebook’s press conference. It’ll run Facebook Home, which doesn’t exactly make any changes to the core Android OS. It merely replaces stock Android apps with ones that are tapped in to Facebook’s various services. The reported specifications of this upcoming HTC smartphone include a 5 megapixel camera, 4.3-inch 720p display and a dualcore Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor. It will come with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. What’s your take on the design? Do you think a mid-range HTC smartphone with various Facebook services baked in will appeal to you?
[Image via @evleaks]
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2013-06-19 Samsung 'Facebook Phone' Idea Reportedly Rejected
- 2013-05-23 HTC First 'Facebook Phone' UK Launch Postponed Indefinitely
- 2013-05-08 HTC First 'Facebook Phone' Now Just $0.99 On Contract
- 2013-04-12 HTC First Launches Facebook Home Today On AT&T For $99
- 2013-04-04 HTC First Running Facebook Home Demo [HD video]