We reported earlier that the Sony PS4 could be unveiled in its entirety in a special event held in May, and thanks to a new report, it looks like Microsoft’s Xbox 720 announcement could also be taking place in May, ultimately increasing the intensity of the rivalry between either console manufacturer. The Xbox 720’s announcement in May was suggested in a report by Robert W. Baird analyst, Colin Sebastian, who wrote in a note to investors that this announcement will be a catalyst for shares (obviously). Unfortunately apart from the rough timeframe in May, no specific dates were mentioned, and Microsoft gave the standard response when GameSpot reached out to them for a comment, stating that they would not comment on rumors or speculation.
The announcement in May seems to be in line with a previous rumor that suggested that the original April launched had been delayed to May. Given that we’re already in April, we guess we only have a month to go until May and see if the rumors pan out. Until then take this with a grain of salt and remember that patience is a virtue!
Next Story: Destiny's Character Classes And Races Detailed
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2013-05-21: Xbox 720 Expected To Begin Mass Production In Q3 For Q4 Launch
- 2013-05-20: Xbox 720: Everything To Look For
- 2013-05-20: Sony Teases PS4 Hardware Prior To Next Xbox Event
- 2013-05-20: Next Xbox Event Expected To Feature IllumiRoom [Rumor]
- 2013-05-15: Microsoft Points Getting The Axe In Time For Next-Generation Xbox Release [Rumor]