Almost all internet using folks have landed upon Wikipedia at some point in their lives. The online encyclopedia has become a vital part of the internet and is heavily relied upon by students, professionals and the average Joe and Jane from around the world. Wikipedia entries not only contain text, they also contain pictures. The Wikimedia Commons project works hard to collect photos and media files that are relevant to Wikipedia pages. They’ve now released new iOS and Android app which lets users submit their own photos to Wikimedia.
The Wikimedia Commons app for iOS and Android offers simple functionality. Users can tag, title and upload pictures from the gallery of their device or by snapping one through the camera. Additional functions are available through the web app, the mobile app simply offers the ability to upload pictures. Though before a user can start uploading pictures through these apps, they’ll need to sign up for an account, and that can only be done online, not through the app. The apps for each platform can be downloaded from iTunes App Store and Google Play Store.
Next Story: HTC 608t Shows Up In China's Phone Database
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-13 How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10 Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-03-25 BlackBerry Cashes In On BBM With Stickers And Sponsored Posts
- 2014-02-21 Publisher Plans On Printing The Entire Wikipedia
- 2013-10-25 Wikipedia Pilots Articles Via SMS Service, Targets Africa
- 2013-10-22 Wikimedia Foundation To Crackdown On "Sockpuppeting" On Wikipedia
- 2013-05-29 Wikipedia Launches 'Nearby' For Mobile Website
- 2013-05-14 Real Time Map Reveals Articles Being Edited In Wikipedia