Nokia showed off its codename ‘Catwalk’ Lumia device at MWC 2013, which has supposedly been fashioned out of aluminium, to a select few at an invite only briefing. Apparently this device is the successor of Lumia 920, Nokia’s current flagship Windows Phone 8 smartphone. Its internal specs are said to be the same as Lumia 920 though it have a thinner version of the 920′s PureView Phase 2 camera. Today the first purported images of the Nokia ‘Catwalk’ have been leaked, though there’s no way to validate the source’s authenticity as these images first surfaced on Sina Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter.
Due to the aluminium body this Lumia 920 successor is believed to be 50 grams lighter and 2.3 millimeters thinner. Nokia is expected to announce this device on the 15th of May and make it available towards the end of June. In the U.S. it is expected that T-Mobile will be carrying this device. Speaker placement on the device in these leaked images is similar to what we’ve seen on leaked Verizon Lumia 928 images, which too is said to tout an aluminium body. As far as the ‘Catwalk’ is concerned, Nokia hasn’t officially released a comment acknowledging these leaked images, which is what manufacturers normally tend to do.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-01-30 Lumia Black Update Released For AT&T Lumia 920 And 820
- 2014-01-13 Nokia Lumia black Update Sets Its Sights On The Lumia 920
- 2013-05-05 Nokia Lumia 928 Billboard Apparently Leaks Well Before Launch
- 2013-04-21 Images Of Nokia Lumia 928 In Black And White Leaked
- 2013-04-18 Nokia Lumia Sales Hit New Record In Q1 2013