We know that Thermaltake has dipped their toes in the laptop cooling market in the past, and it looks like the company is back with another laptop cooling solution, albeit in a more portable form factor. Dubbed the GOrb II, this is apparently a pocket-friendly ball-shaped cooling device that laptop owners can bring around with them on the go without worry about adding unnecessary bulk or how they are going to fit their giant laptop cooler into their bags. The GOrb II will play nice with laptops from 10” up to 17” and as you can see in the image above, the GOrb II can be split open in half, with either half sitting under your laptop.
Unfortunately only one half of the GOrb II has a fan, meaning that it probably will not be as powerful as regular laptop coolers, but if you’re in the market for a portable solution, this could be it. At the same time since it helps prop your laptop up, it will allow air to flow underneath it, allowing for natural cooling as well. The GOrb II will be powered via USB and one cool thing is that the USB cable comes with another USB connector, meaning that you won’t lose out on your USB slot when you plug this into your laptop. [Press release]
- 2013-04-19: Thermaltake Announces GOrb II Portable Laptop Cooler
- 2013-04-15: Thermaltake 8400mAh Portable Power Pack
- 2013-03-06: BMW And Thermaltake To Work Together Again
- 2012-09-03: Level 10 M gaming mouse from Thermaltake and BMW DesignworksUSA is very real
- 2012-07-05: Thermaltake intros Black Element Cyclone Edition mouse with fan and adjustable weight
- 2012-03-30: Aztec inspired Thermaltake Level 10 GT PC chassis mod looks amazingly detailed