This past week we have seen Tumblr make a number of changes to its mobile offering. Just a couple of days back it announced that ads will now be displayed in Tumblr’s mobile apps. Yesterday the first ever Tumblr app for Windows Phone 8 was released and today their updated iOS app is available for download from iTunes App Store. The update brings a couple of new social features, users can now share directly to Facebook or Twitter from straight within the app. This is a really important feature as users tend to share their content on two of the most widely used online social networks, having the ability to do that straight from the app will no doubt save a lot of time and hassle.
If someone doesn’t want to view Tumblr posts in its app, it now has support for Instapaper and Pocket, which allows for convenient reading on different devices. The app update also brings a new template for email sharing. Tumblr for iOS version 3.3.1 is now online and can be downloaded for free right away from iTunes App Store.
Next Story: Xbox 720 Will Be Revealed On May 21st
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2013-11-21 Tumblr For iOS Gets An All New Design
- 2013-09-10 Rayman Fiesta Run Releasing On iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8 This Fall
- 2013-07-10 Tumblr Updates iOS, Android Apps To Improve Search, Discovery
- 2013-04-30 New Beta Facebook App For Windows Phone 8 Touts Big UI Changes
- 2013-04-23 Official Tumblr App On Windows Phone 8 Now Available