It is not unusual for images of unreleased smartphones to get leaked well before they’re even due to be announced. We’re a few days away from Google I/O 2013 and already the Android community is buzzing with rumors, leaks and speculation. A very well known person, who has leaked images in the past that were spot on, has now posted an image of an unnamed LG smartphone which is said to be the Optimus G2.
People have theories about what this device can actually be. Some believe that it might be the Nexus 5, but it is difficult to believe that the next generation Nexus smartphone will have LG branding on the front. The leaker, @evleaks, guesses that this might be the LG Optimus G2. While details about the G2 are vague, it was previously expected that the smartphone will be released alongside Google’s launch of Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, but that software launch too has reportedly been delayed. Most recently this smartphone was sighted at Bluetooth SIG from where it picked up its Bluetooth certification. It is also rumored that the LG Optimus G2 will have a 5″ full HD display with 13 megapixel camera and Android 4.2.2. [Image via @evleaks's Facebook]
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future