Don’t you just hate it when you’re working on an assignment or a report due the next day, and all of a sudden there is a blackout? While word documents are pretty smart when it comes to saving backup copies and recovering documents, the same can’t really be said about the internet. After all with the power out, so if your router and your internet access is where BRCK comes in. The device is rather small and inconspicuous (pictured above) and what it does is that it will jump between available internet connections for you, ensuring that you will be always connected.
It should be noted that BRCK does not actually create connections for you, but rather detects and switches between connections automatically. For example if the power goes out in your home and you don’t have regular internet, BRCK will switch to mobile internet using 3G or 4G networks as long as there is a SIM card in the device. BRCK will support 20 different devices and will survive for 8 hours on battery when not plugged into power.
We have to admit that this is a pretty cool idea and if you’re the sort of person who always needs to be connected, the BRCK Kickstarter project is probably one worth looking into where a pledge of $200 will nab you the device upon successful funding and production.
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10