Much has already been said about the iPad mini 2, though nothing has been confirmed by the company. It is believed that Apple will launch the next generation iPad mini in Q3, 2013. CEO Tim Cook’s statement that the company’s new products won’t be coming until September lines up perfectly with these rumors. The iPad mini 2 display is perhaps something that fascinates the rumor mill, the most. This upcoming tablet will reportedly tout a Retina Display. High resolution Retina Display or not, according to a new report by Digitimes, these displays are going to be developed by three major suppliers: LG, Sharp and AU Optronics.
The report cites Taiwanese supply chain sources, which have proven to be wholly hit or miss in the past, claiming that AU Optronics has been facing issues in manufacturing iPad mini displays. It further claims that due to this, AUO’s future as a major supplier for Apple is undecided. AU Optronics has also reportedly submitted sample panels to Apple for its certification. The other two alleged manufacturers are said to be LG and Sharp, both are thought to have solid yield rates and no production issues.
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]