Nokia and HTC are currently embroiled in a legal dispute of sorts, and as if the rumors of HTC having financial difficulties enough, it seems that Nokia will be going after the company’s flagship device, the HTC One. This new lawsuit will make it the second patent infringement claim that Nokia has filed against HTC, claiming that in the HTC One, the Taiwanese company has allegedly violated an addition nine patents belonging to Nokia.
According to Nokia, the patents in question are related to hardware features such as enhanced speech, data transmission, efficient component layout, worldwide roaming capabilities, application data sharing between phones, permission management, video encoding and decoding, and the expanding of a device’s capabilities via applications. The lawsuit has been filed in the US with both the ITC and the US District Court of Southern California. No word from HTC on how they will be responding to this new lawsuit.
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-02-07: Nokia And HTC Agree To Settle Their Patent Litigations
- 2014-02-04: HTC To Modify Some Of Its Devices After Nokia Lawsuit
- 2014-01-09: German Court Dismisses Nokia's Lawsuit Against HTC
- 2014-01-01: Nokia Thinks HTC's New Year Resolution Should Be To Stop Infringing On Patents
- 2013-12-22: Nokia Wins Injunction Against HTC In Germany