Since last month we have been hearing rumors about the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 device, believed to be the first Galaxy device that will tout a plastic OLED display. It is rumored that this device will feature a 5.99 inch Super AMOLED Full HD display, the latest version of Android OS, a 13 megapixel camera and possibly an 8 core processor and GPU. All of this is based on rumors, and if a latest one is to be believed, the Galaxy Note 3 release is going to take place in the second half of 2013.
An allegedly leaked internal Samsung document is cited as the source of this information. The document says that Samsung has confirmed that it will be releasing a flagship device in 2H13, second half of 2013, which will have a 6 inch display. This alleged device is believed to be Galaxy Note 3. The Samsung Galaxy Note devices can be credited with ushering in the era of ‘phablets’, devices with large displays and function as both a tablet and a smartphone. Manufacturers such as Apple and Nokia are both said to be considering phablets of their own, and if that is really the case, then they should definitely expect some stiff competition from Samsung’s still unannounced next generation Note device.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2012-11-14: Phone Wars sees Nokia as the ulimate winner
- 2012-06-21: Branded handset vendors reducing orders to component suppliers
- 2011-07-24: Samsung overtakes Apple, Nokia in smartphone sales?
- 2010-01-28: One For All Universal Multi Charger
- 2010-10-29: IDC Says Apple Now Fourth Largest Mobile Vendor In The World