Spotify announced earlier this year it had big plans to revamp its service by introducing a number of new sections that would help its users to follow their favorite artists, easily access their local music and also help discover new music. Spotify’s updates were expected to be rolled out over the next few months, with its “Follow“ tab launching to desktop users just last month. Spotify is announcing a new tab, its “Discovery” tab, is officially rolling out today.
Spotify’s Discovery tab will make it easier for users to receive personalized recommendations based on their listening history, listen to related music and even view touring dates for their favorite artists. In addition to those improved features, the Discovery tab will also showcase new releases from artists users follow as well as playlists from friends and artists.
A new feature called Audio Preview is also being made available today that will allow Spotify users to sample a track simply by hovering their mouse over the play button of any song seen on the Discovery page. If users decide they enjoy the track, they can save it to be played later or play the entire track with a simple click of the mouse.
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-03-27: Spotify IPO Expected This Fall
- 2014-03-25: Spotify Premium Is Now 50% Cheaper For US College Students
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-23: Apple Spotify Rival Release Possible [Report]
- 2013-06-27: Spotify Planning To Offer Original Content
- 2013-04-09: Spotify Rolling Out 'Follow' Tab To Desktop App Users
- 2013-02-27: Spotify Gradually Rolling Out New Social Network Features