Spotify announced earlier this year it had big plans to revamp its service by introducing a number of new sections that would help its users to follow their favorite artists, easily access their local music and also help discover new music. Spotify’s updates were expected to be rolled out over the next few months, with its “Follow“ tab launching to desktop users just last month. Spotify is announcing a new tab, its “Discovery” tab, is officially rolling out today.
Spotify’s Discovery tab will make it easier for users to receive personalized recommendations based on their listening history, listen to related music and even view touring dates for their favorite artists. In addition to those improved features, the Discovery tab will also showcase new releases from artists users follow as well as playlists from friends and artists.
A new feature called Audio Preview is also being made available today that will allow Spotify users to sample a track simply by hovering their mouse over the play button of any song seen on the Discovery page. If users decide they enjoy the track, they can save it to be played later or play the entire track with a simple click of the mouse.
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- Search Engines Not That Instrumental In Aiding Music Piracy, According To Study
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20
- Microsoft's Nokia Music Mix Party Let's Your Friends Become Virtual DJs [Video]
- Fraunhofer IIS: Surround Sound with Video Streaming on Android