It was back in August 2012 when LG announced Optimus L9. Only 9.1mm think, it touts a 4.7 inch IPS display with a 1GHz dualcore processor and 1GB of RAM. A couple of months later T-Mobile announced that it would be carrying this smartphone, which could be purchased for $49.99 along with a two year contract. In February, earlier this year, it was rumored that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Optimus L9 will be rolling out in the first half of 2013. Sure enough T-Mobile started rolling out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for LG Optimus L9 on the 22nd of April, but today the carrier has announced that it is pausing the roll out so that they can “improve performance” on the new software version.
T-Mobile revealed that it was pausing Optimus L9 Jelly Bean update in a support document which was released yesterday. Some users who had installed this update complained about apps frequently crashing, battery draining and having difficulties in receiving calls. So for now T-Mobile has paused the update, but has not said when it will resume rolling it out after LG has made improvements to the performance.
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10 Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-01 T-Mobile LG L90 This April 23rd (Rumor)
- 2014-02-28 LG L90 Could Be Headed For T-Mobile
- 2014-01-19 LG G Flex For T-Mobile Registration Page Goes Live