HTC said back in March that the HTC One was not coming to Verizon. However, the company hasn’t exactly flat out rejected the idea that their current flagship could ever be available on Verizon. In fact, questions about Verizon HTC One were dodged recently, further fueling up rumors that a model for this carrier was on its way. Wi-Fi certification has been awarded to a new HTC smartphone a couple of days ago, the details from that certification suggest that Verizon HTC One just might be coming soon.
The device’s model number is listed as PN073XX, to put things in perspective, AT&T HTC One carries model number PN07120. Therefore it is now being speculated that this new HTC smartphone, which is confirmed to have LTE and dual band Wi-Fi, is actually a variant of the One that’s headed to Verizon. Many believe that the reason why Verizon hasn’t picked up this smartphone is that it currently offers Droid DNA, which is available for free until 21st May. Since both companies haven’t explicitly ruled out a possibility, we can only wait and see whether or not the smartphone does come to Verizon.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2013-12-08: Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-08-22: Verizon HTC One Officially Announced
- 2013-07-09: Verizon Bound HTC One Drops By The FCC
- 2013-07-01: Verizon HTC One Leaked Image Hints At September 5 Release
- 2013-07-01: Verizon Droid DNA Price Cut To $50