Ever since Google announced its Google Glass wearable computer, a number of other companies have said they plan to throw their wearable-computer hat into the ring by creating their own Google Glass competitor. It looks like you can throw one more hat into the ring as Acer has confirmed they are currently looking into wearable technology.
“We are looking at wearable, I think every consumer company should be looking at wearable,” said ST Liew, Acer’s president of its smartphone business group. “Wearable isn’t new … it just hasn’t exploded in the way that it should. But the opportunity’s for billions of dollars worth of industry.” Liew continues by saying he believes the problem lies more on finding the right product which would appeal with customers, and less to do with how to technically create a piece of wearable tech.
Liew says we should expect to hear something from Acer some time next year which may turn out to be something more of a smartwatch device than an actual Google Glass competitor as Liew goes into details of a watch that can provide all-day battery life and can recharge by using inductive charging.RELATED
- Google TV Might Be Brought Under The 'Nexus' Umbrella
- Power Practical Announces PowerPot X And PowerPot XL
- Digital Foci Announces Picture Porter Advanced
- Palette Is A Set Of Modular Controls For The Working Professional
- RUNSAFER Shoes Let You Know You’re Doing It Right (Or Wrong)
- Follow: acer, smartwatch,
- Seen at: pocket-lint