It was just yesterday when we brought you reports that Google could very well be working on a new video game console of their own, never mind that there are already existing Android-powered consoles such as the recently introduced Ouya that went for $99 a pop. I guess if that were to be true, the marketing plan would be somewhat akin to Google’s range of Android smartphones, such as the Google Nexus that is manufactured by LG. Having said that, there were also rumors of an Android smartphone that was glanced over yesterday, but it seems that the world of Android too, has an important place in the heart of Google as we hear whispers of a new version of Android coming our way, where it is known internally as “K release”.
Needless to say, the buzz is making its way around that the secret “K release” will in all probability, be the long-rumored Key Lime Pie. It has been said that this Android Key Lime Pie version will launch sometime this fall, where it has also been described to being better tailored to the lower-cost smartphones. Will Key Lime Pie be Android 4.3 or Android 5.0? Only time will tell, so stay tuned!
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-04-10: Google Dogfooding Android 4.4.3 KitKat [Rumor]
- 2013-04-23: Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Release At Google I/O Reportedly Delayed
- 2013-02-28: Google Prepares Linux 3.8 Kernel