It looks as though the next iPhone rumors are in full swing today as we recently heard a rumor Apple’s budget iPhone is expected to come in multiple colors once again, this time, colors that would reflect their current bumper case offerings. It looks like that isn’t the only rumor making the rounds today as Reuters is claiming Apple is considering producing iPhones with larger screens.
According to sources with knowledge of the matter as well as Asian supply chains, Apple is considering offering an iPhone with larger screens, one with a 4.7-inch and another iPhone with a 5.7-inch screen. This rumor is still in the “consideration” phase, so don’t start thinking you’ll be able to have a Galaxy Note-style iPhone in your pocket anytime soon.
The move to offer an iPhone with a larger screen would mean Apple would finally join the phablet craze which Samsung sparked with the introduction of its Galaxy Note. The 4.7-inch iPhone probably won’t be considered to be a phablet device, but the 5.7-inch iPhone would certainly fit into the phablet category.
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-11-06: Pebble Smart Watch Update for IOS 7 and SDK 2.0
- 2013-04-30: Donald Trump Demands Apple Build An iPhone With A Larger Screen
- 2013-04-15: Foxconn Hiring New Employees To Build The iPhone 5S
- 2013-02-05: Analyst: 5-Inch iPhone 'iPhablet' Expected To Debut In 2013