Time Warner and Apple have reportedly been in negotiations to add HBO GO to Apple TV some time this year, although some users were able to figure our a workaround to get the service on the set-top-box using AirPlay. It looks like the four months of negotiations got somewhere as HBO GO is now available on Apple TV, along with WatchESPN.
HBO GO and WatchESPN aren’t the only content providers being added to Apple TV as Sky News, Crunchyroll and Qello are also being made available starting today. The new services will be made available to all second and third-generation Apple TV owners once they download an update, which is available starting today. HBO GO is only available to HBO subscribers, while WatchESPN will offer live streaming of five different ESPN networks to those who subscribe through certain cable providers.
The three remaining services offer different content to different regions, such as Sky News being a 24-hour news service which is only available in the U.S., U.K. and Ireland. Crunchyroll specializes in anime and J-Drama programming, while Quello provides recorded concert videos, both of which are available worldwide.RELATED
- iOS Device Combined With Logitech Alert Gives You A Home Security System
- iPad gets wooden enclosure, turns into TV
- iGrill makes summer more enjoyable with iPod dock
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Follow: apple tv, hbo go,
- Seen at: businesswire