One of my favorite NES games as a kid has got to be Contra as there was nothing quite like endlessly shooting anything that moves on screen for countless hours. It looks like a new generation of gamers are about to get their taste of Contra as Konami has just released Contra: Evolution onto iOS devices.
Contra: Evolution is available for both the iPhone and iPad for $0.99 and $2.99 respectively and has been adapted to be played on touchscreen devices. That’s not the only change Contra has received in Contra: Evolution as the game features new levels in what’s being called a reincarnation of the classic game.
Contra: Evolution features a floating joystick by default, but the game is expected to gain native game controller support when iOS 7 arrives later this fall. We’re sure this will be one of the first games you’re going to want to try out once game controllers are support on iOS, and we wouldn’t fault you if you tried the Konami code a few time to see if anything happens.
Next Story: Digg Reader Launches In Beta
- 2014-04-22: Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22: 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21: Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2013-09-20: iOS 7 Causes 4-Year-Old Boy To Cry Uncontrollably
- 2013-06-17: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Releasing On iOS June 20
- 2013-05-24: iOS 7 Redesign May Feature Flat 'Black and White' Design
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-17: Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming