Its no secret that Yahoo has been working hard to improve its services, sunset the ones that are no longer popular, and to make it more appealing overall to both new and old users. The company has been on a shopping spree recently as well, buying up a number of companies, even the popular blogging platform Tumblr for over $1 billion. A few changes have been made to Yahoo Mail and Yahoo’s search results. Flickr has been integrated in to mail, the search results now offer keyword alerts.
Flickr integration in Yahoo Mail will make it easier for users to send sets or even single photos from their Flickr accounts. The pictures sent are also displayed “in a beautiful way,” just like they are on Flickr itself. To make use of this integration, users simply have to click on the arrow next to the paperclip and click on “Share from Flickr.” Those who are not Flickr users can sign up for the service without having to leave Yahoo Mail. Yahoo search now allows users to set keyword alerts for image, video or web search. When the concerned user’s topic shows up in search results, they will be sent a message notifying them of the results. Currently this feature is only available to users in the U.S., it will be rolled out globally soon.
Next Story: Sony Xperia i1 "Honami" Purported Pictures Leak
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-01-08: Yahoo Mail Now Encrypts All Connections
- 2013-12-19: Yahoo Mail Updated To Bring Tabs Back
- 2013-12-15: Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Apologizes For Mail Outage
- 2013-12-12: Yahoo Mail Was Down Due To A Hardware Problem
- 2013-10-14: Yahoo Mail Redesign Did Not Go Down As Well As Expected