Earlier today, we reported on Google’s purchase of Waze was confirmed “in principle,” but it looks like Google is officially announcing the purchase of Waze in a new blog post.
For those who may not be familiar with Waze, it’s a mapping service which includes user data in order to build maps with real-time traffic reports, saving its users from sitting in their car for hours on end while a small family of ducklings is attempting to cross the street 5 miles ahead. Google’s acquisition of Waze comes as no surprise as there have been numerous reports pointing at a number of tech companies which include Google, Facebook and Apple were looking to acquire Waze.
Google says the Waze product development team will continue to remain in Israel to continue to work independently for the time being in order to help enhance Google Maps with Waze’s real-time traffic report technology as well as Google search. Google also says they will work closely with the Waze community to ensure they can continue to help make the service grow and prosper.RELATED
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- JXD S5800 Android Gaming Tablet/Smartphone Unveiled
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- Follow: Google, google maps, Waze,
- Seen at: googleblog.blogspot