We were able to spot the HTC Butterfly S last week in the wild, which looks to feature Beats Audio BoomSound speakers. Today, HTC is officially announcing its newest Android handset and its specs seem to be pretty good.
The HTC Butterfly S is a nice improvement over the original Butterfly as it features a 5-inch 1080p Super LCD 3 display, 1.9GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor, 16GB of internal storage, a microSD slot, 2GB of RAM, an UltraPixel rear-facing camera, 2.1MP front-facing camera, 3,200mAh battery and will use HTC Sense 5 with BlinkFeed.
Aside from its improved internal specs, the HTC Butterfly S, as we mentioned earlier, comes with dual front-facing BoomSond speakers with Beats Audio technology. As for when the Butterfly S will be made available, HTC says it’ll arrive in Taiwan in July for NT$22,900, which converts to around $767.
At this time, HTC has yet to confirm when or if the Butterfly S will make it to additional regions, but considering just how popular its DROID DNA did in the U.S., we’re sure the company plans on making its newest Android handset available here in no time.
Next Story: Microsoft Updates Blink For Windows Phone 8
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2014-03-25: HTC BlinkFeed Available To All Android Users Soon
- 2014-03-25: AT&T HTC One Mini To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Soon
- 2014-03-25: Diving deeper into the HTC One (M8)