We have heard some news about Internet Explorer 11 in the past, and here we are with additional information concerning the less loved Web browser among the masses. Other than the fact that we will be treated to a public preview of Windows 8.1 this coming Wednesday, June 26th, Microsoft is also said to roll out the first public version of Internet Explorer 11 for those who decide to download the operating system, and there are rumors that IE 11 could very well be on the receiving end of a new feature which would make it a whole lot easier to make phone calls using apps like Skype. That would be a natural next step, as Microsoft might want to leverage on their Skype acquisition some time back.
There was a message left over at MyDigitalLife forums where someone posted what is purportedly parts of a Windows 8.1 Preview Q&A, alongside the final and full version that is said to go live on Microsoft’s website this coming Wednesday, where one of the clips do point to what Microsoft has called a “Click to Call” feature. Apparently, whenever phone numbers are shown on IE 11, you can click on them to launch a dialing app.
Next Story: Dragon Quest X Heads For The PC Platform
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week