It was only yesterday when we saw what looked to be the iPhone 5S making its way through an assembly line, which we assume means the device is currently being mass produced. It looks like that wasn’t the only iPhone 5S rumor to make its way to the Internet this week as today, we’re seeing photos of what is supposed to be the device possibly sporting a new Apple A7 chip.
The chip looks to have a model number of APL0698, whereas Apple’s A6 and A6X chips had the model numbers APL0598 and APL5598, respectively. We already had an idea whatever Apple released next would have an improved chip offering better speeds than the previous iPhone, although at this point, it’s pretty much expected any new iPhone would be better than the previous version.
A new A7 chip isn’t the only thing spotted in these possibly leaked photos of the iPhone 5S as we also catch a glimpse of the device’s larger battery and its new dual-LED flash component located next to the rear-facing camera. After seeing the photos, I certainly would be surprised if it doesn’t turn out to be leaked images of the iPhone 5S.
Next Story: Twitter In-Stream Photo Previews Being Tested
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2013-11-01: Boost Mobile iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Pricing Revealed
- 2013-10-25: iPhone 5s Supplies Are Now Even Shorter [Analyst]
- 2013-10-21: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C Headed To Boost Mobile November 8
- 2013-10-20: iPhone 5s TV Ad Runs
- 2013-10-17: Apple iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Prices In France Raised