Kickstarter is one of the biggest crowdfunding websites out there right now. People with interesting ideas and concepts can list them in detail on the site and then can seek pledges from donors, who can be based in any part of the world. However Kickstarter initially only accepted U.S. based projects. Last year it started accepting projects from the U.S. They’ve announced today that Kickstarter will be expanding to Canada this summer, and will begin accepting projects from there.
They’ve not reveal any further details as yet. For now those who are interested in its expansion to Canada can sign up to be notified when it happens “later this summer.” After the UK expansion, the Kickstarter site started listing those projects alongside U.S. projects, but prices were shown in pounds instead of dollars. So if this expansion is anything like that, expect prices for Canadian projects to be listed in Canadian dollars. We’ll definitely be seeing some interesting concepts and ideas coming over from Canada, and with Kickstarter’s big donor community, some of those new projects might even come to life.
Next Story: Facebook Chat Rooms Reportedly Being Tested
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10