It was just last week when Sony opened up its smartwatch to developers to allow for alternative firmwares to be installed on the device, and today, the company has teased an upcoming announcement in regards to its smartwatch.
Sony Xperia’s Twitter account has published two teaser images along with the hashtag #MAE13, which is the official hashtag for the Mobile Asia Expo taking place in Shanghai next week. The first message says “1 in 3 smartphone users want smart wrist wear” while the second message simply says “tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock” along with an image of the Sony Smartwatch.
The very cryptic messages Sony is publishing on its Xperia Twitter account leads us to believe the company will be introducing a new smartwatch during Mobile Asia Expo, which will take place on Tuesday as that is when Sony’s media event is taking place. For now, just sit tight and wait for Sony’s big news to come to you as we’re sure to cover it as soon as its made public.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-25: Sony Steers Clear Of Android Wear
- 2014-03-24: Vueling Boarding Passes On Sony Smartwatch
- 2014-02-04: Sony SmartWatch 2 FIFA And Silver Metal Editions Are In The Pipeline
- 2013-12-26: Sony Expected To Release New Smartwatch In Early 2014
- 2013-10-15: Sony SmartWatch 2 Promises Up To 96 Hours Of Action On A Full Charge