Many monikers have been rumored for Nokia’s upcoming smartphone. It is widely known as the EOS smartphone which touts a 41 megapixel camera. Just yesterday it was rumored that perhaps this device will actually be called Nokia Lumia 1020. Nokia itself hasn’t confirmed the name of this device, despite the fact that it has subtly confirmed that a 41 megapixel camera touting smartphone is indeed going to be unveiled at its event next month. The company has trademarked “Nokia Zoom,” and while it may not be the moniker of its next smartphone, it may perhaps be the name of its new range. Does this mean we’re going to see more Nokia devices with big, beefy camera modules? One can only speculate right now.
In the past we’ve seen aluminium shells and polycarbonate shells of this purported device being leaked, leading many to believe that perhaps EOS phablets will be fashioned out of aluminium and the Lumia 920-like smartphones will tout polycarbonate shells. There have been rumors in the past regarding a whole range of EOS devices. Nokia itself hasn’t commented on its plans yet, hopefully we’ll get to know more at the event on July 11th.
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2013-06-25: Nokia Lumia 1020 Reportedly The Moniker Of EOS Smartphone
- 2013-06-19: EOS 41MP Smartphone Confirmed By Nokia
- 2013-06-19: Alleged Nokia EOS White Polycarbonate Shell Pictured
- 2013-06-17: Nokia EOS Smartphone Allegedly Passes Through The FCC
- 2013-06-16: Mass Production Of Nokia's 41MP EOS Smartphone Reportedly Underway