There are some interesting projects that appear on Kickstarter from time to time, and this time around, the crowd-funding website has shown off Poppy, an accessory for your iPhone which might just spark off a new wave of creativity for owners of the smartphone from Cupertino. The Poppy looks like a Viewmaster-like contraption which would allow you to capture 3D images with your iPhone, sharing them using social networks afterwards. Anyone with an iPhone 3GS or older will have to sit out on the Poppy though, although 5th-generation iPod touch owners will still be able to enjoy its benefits.
So far, Poppy has already surpassed its funding goal of $40,000 with 29 days remaining on the calendar. Another benefit of the device is, it will not require any kind of battery, and neither does it come with electronic parts within, so you need not worry about having it break down. All the 3D imagery “magic” is performed through the manipulation of optics. If you want to receive a pre-production Poppy, it will require a $299 or more pledge.
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10