An analyst, Michael Walkley, at Canaccord Genuity claims that Samsung outsold Apple smartphones in the U.S. in May. The claim is based on data that Walkley collected from store surveys. Apparently the Galaxy S4 was the top selling smartphone at Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. On AT&T it was the second best selling smartphone, second only to Apple iPhone 5. The Korean manufacturer has seen overwhelming demand for this smartphone, which actually is the fastest selling Android smartphone of all time.
The credit for this feat doesn’t exclusively go to Galaxy S4. Popular devices such as Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 are available at competitive prices and have contributed to providing Samsung the boost to outsell Apple. Walkley believes that Samsung’s marketing efforts have paid off as well, the company reportedly spent more than Apple’s ad budget of $333 million. Only yesterday it was reported that Samsung is trying to rope in Jay Z in a bid to augment its brand value. The partnership with Jay Z is said to cost Samsung upwards of $20 million. By the looks of it, Samsung is really bent on giving Apple a run for its money on its own turf.
Next Story: Microsoft Windows 8.1 First Video Demo Posted
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-04: Internal Email Reveals Apple's Sales Team's Worry About The Competition
- 2013-06-26: Samsung Lures iPhone 5 Owners To Galaxy S4 With Smart Switch App
- 2013-03-22: Samsung Galaxy S4 Launch Results In iPhone Trade-Ins Doubling
- 2013-03-18: Apple Educates Potential Galaxy S4 Adopters Why People Love The iPhone