A couple of months ago we reported that the Nokia Lumia 520 was doing very well for itself in India, and considering its affordable price tag with somewhat decent specs for its price, we can’t say we’re too surprised. However is it possible that the Lumia 520 could end up being Nokia’s most popular Windows Phone handset to date? Apparently it can, according to AdDuplex who claims that the handset has been so successful that it has actually managed to overtake all other Windows Phone devices in use. Back in May it was reported that the Lumia 520 held a 4.4% market share, and in June it was found that the device’s market share had almost doubled to 8.4%, trailing behind the Lumia 920 who led the pack at 12%.
Now assuming these new stats (which have yet to be published) are correct, it looks like the Lumia 520 might have more than 12% of the market share if it had indeed overtaken other Windows Phone devices in the market. It is not surprising that Nokia is dominating the Windows Phone market, especially since the Finnish company’s efforts have solely been focused at Windows Phone devices. It is interesting though that despite Nokia’s entrance into the smartphone market with high-end devices like the Lumia 920, Lumia 925 and the upcoming Lumia 1020, that they would lead with a low-cost phone.RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: Lumia 520, Nokia, windows phone,
- Seen at: wmpoweruser