A couple of months ago we reported that the Nokia Lumia 520 was doing very well for itself in India, and considering its affordable price tag with somewhat decent specs for its price, we can’t say we’re too surprised. However is it possible that the Lumia 520 could end up being Nokia’s most popular Windows Phone handset to date? Apparently it can, according to AdDuplex who claims that the handset has been so successful that it has actually managed to overtake all other Windows Phone devices in use. Back in May it was reported that the Lumia 520 held a 4.4% market share, and in June it was found that the device’s market share had almost doubled to 8.4%, trailing behind the Lumia 920 who led the pack at 12%.
Now assuming these new stats (which have yet to be published) are correct, it looks like the Lumia 520 might have more than 12% of the market share if it had indeed overtaken other Windows Phone devices in the market. It is not surprising that Nokia is dominating the Windows Phone market, especially since the Finnish company’s efforts have solely been focused at Windows Phone devices. It is interesting though that despite Nokia’s entrance into the smartphone market with high-end devices like the Lumia 920, Lumia 925 and the upcoming Lumia 1020, that they would lead with a low-cost phone.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Reveals Why Their Low-End Devices Do So Well
- 2014-04-03: Hands-On : Nokia 630 And 635 Review
- 2014-03-31: Nokia Icon Review
- 2014-03-07: Nokia Brags About Windows Phone Apps
- 2013-02-24: Nokia Lumia 520 should be called Lumia Mini