Nokia has long been rumored to be working on a phablet of its own. We heard multiple rumors about such a device last month, when the rumor mill was constantly churning out information about the Nokia EOS smartphone. Up till now no confirmation has been given out by Nokia regarding its phablet plans. Nevertheless, a display panel that allegedly belongs to the Nokia phabet has leaked online. Its 6 inches in size and has a very thin bezel.
The picture appeared on Sina Weibo, China’s equivalent of Twitter. There’s obviously no way of confirming its authenticity, but the surroundings of the picture hint that perhaps it was snapped at a manufacturing facility. Does this mean that display panels for the Nokia phablet are currently being mass produced? We can’t say for sure, for all we know this part could belong to a prototype that is currently being tested. Slot for a front facing camera is also visible on this panel. The phablet market is certainly a lucrative one, and there’s an acute of shortage of such devices that are powered by Windows Phone platform.
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635