Update 7/16/2013, 13h53 PT: HP has reached Ubergizmo with an official statement about the image above:
This is not an HP phone. The photo is a fabrication and is not a photo of anything HP has in the works. Someone is making stuff up.
With the advent of the Internet as well as the easy availability of image capturing devices, you can more or less say that leaks have gotten extremely normal, and it would be outright scandalous if a new and upcoming device actually hit the mass market without a single bit of information or blur photo making an appearance beforehand – whether weeks or months ahead, it does not matter, as folks love to lap up news about leaks. Apparently, there has been a rendering of an alleged HP branded smartphone which has leaked out.
Could it be a prototype of what will no longer hit the market, or is it a portent of something that is yet to come? HP Senior Director Yam Su Yin was quoted previously that the company intends to make a return to the smartphone business by rolling out a unique model, and one of the executive’s quotes was, “HP has to be in the game.” HP’s last foray into the smartphone market was the HP Pre 3 that happened in 2011, seeing a limited European release before it was discontinued.
Next Story: Verizon VZ Edge Program Announced
- 2014-03-26: BlackBerry 10.3 Leak Reveals Possible Future BlackBerry Devices
- 2014-02-09: Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-01-28: Alleged Left 4 Dead 2 Plantation Map Image Leaked
- 2014-01-09: @evleaks: Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3 Headed For Verizon
- 2013-12-10: LG V510 Tablet Images Leaked
- 2013-07-16: Alleged HP Smartphone Specifications Spotted
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2011-12-08: HP TouchPad goes on sale one last time on the 11th of December
- 2011-09-15: Motorola Droid RAZR: Could it be real?
- 2011-08-12: Leaked Samsung roadmap fake?