Update 7/16/2013, 13h53 PT: HP has reached Ubergizmo with an official statement about the image above:
This is not an HP phone. The photo is a fabrication and is not a photo of anything HP has in the works. Someone is making stuff up.
With the advent of the Internet as well as the easy availability of image capturing devices, you can more or less say that leaks have gotten extremely normal, and it would be outright scandalous if a new and upcoming device actually hit the mass market without a single bit of information or blur photo making an appearance beforehand – whether weeks or months ahead, it does not matter, as folks love to lap up news about leaks. Apparently, there has been a rendering of an alleged HP branded smartphone which has leaked out.
Could it be a prototype of what will no longer hit the market, or is it a portent of something that is yet to come? HP Senior Director Yam Su Yin was quoted previously that the company intends to make a return to the smartphone business by rolling out a unique model, and one of the executive’s quotes was, “HP has to be in the game.” HP’s last foray into the smartphone market was the HP Pre 3 that happened in 2011, seeing a limited European release before it was discontinued.RELATED
- Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users
- Conan O'Brien Uses Lyft App To Take Kevin Hart, Ice Cube Around Town
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Follow: HP, leak, smartphone,
- Seen at: phonearena