Ever wonder how some apps make it into the iTunes App Store’s Top 10 list? Obviously they’re popular apps, that much is a given, but if you wanted the semantics, a study conducted by Distimo
has suggested that for an app to make it into the Top 10 grossing apps, it would require the app to bring in $47,000 every day in paid downloads! That’s a lot of money! For apps that just want to break it into the Top 10 list, they are required to be downloaded at least 4,000 times a day. For free apps, the magic number is expected to be 72,000 a day.
For apps looking to break into the Top 50 Paid Apps, Distimo found that they needed to average $12,000 a day, while free apps looking to be featured in the Top 50 Free Apps will require 23,000 downloads each day. Distimo goes on to note that the rate of downloads in the App Store goes through a cycle, such as how Thursday are usually the slowest in downloads, while Saturday is apparently the most popular day for iOS users to download new apps. Those are some pretty interesting stats, any iOS developers out there who can confirm these numbers feel free to leave us a comment below!
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-04-09: Mobile Gamers Tend To Quit After One Day, According To Study
- 2014-03-25: Apple Begins Testing Related Search Suggestions In App Store
- 2014-03-21: iTunes App Store Gets An "Indie Game Showcase" Section
- 2014-03-13: Clones And Free-To-Play Titles Have "Soured" iTunes App Store Experience, According To Report
- 2014-02-27: 0.15% Of Gamers Contribute To 50% Of In-App Purchases [Study]